What is a Privacy Notice?
Under data protection law you, as a patient of Hertford Chiropractic, have specific rights. To communicate these rights to you in a clear and concise manner, we are providing you with this privacy notice.
Who We Are
We are Hertford Chiropractic, 15 Ware Rd, Hertford, Herts, SG13 7DZ, telephone number 01992 581770, email address email@example.com. For the purposes of processing your personal data we are the Controller.
The Personal Data We Process and What We Do with It
We record and use the following categories of personal data which include: name, address, telephone numbers, date of birth and health data relevant for treating you at our clinic. Our lawful basis for storing and using this data is contract and we are allowed to store and use your health data as we are a recognised health care provider.
Sharing Your Personal Data
We only share your personal data with your explicit consent, where, for example we to refer you to your GP or consultant, or when we need to have your x-rays analysed.
Retaining Your Personal Data
We will retain your data for a period of 8 years after your last treatment as this is a requirement of a registered Chiropractor in the UK
As we process your personal data, you have certain rights. These are a right of access, a right of rectification, a right of erasure and a right to restrict processing.
· You may request a copy of your data at any time. Please make such a request in writing or by email to the clinic, whose details are shown above. Please provide the following information: your name, address, telephone number, email address and details of the information you require.
· If you believe any of the personal data we hold on you is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact us directly and any necessary corrections to your data will be made without undue delay.
· If you believe we should erase your data, please contact the clinic, whose details are shown above.
· If you wish us to stop storing or using your data, please contact the clinic, whose details are shown above.
· Where you have provided explicit consent for us to use your data you have a right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Should your personal data that we control be lost, stolen or otherwise breached, where this constitutes a high risk to your rights and freedoms, we will contact you without delay. We will give you the contact details of the Data Protection Officer who is dealing with the breach, explain to you the nature of the breach and the steps we are taking to deal with it.
Should You Wish to Complain
You can contact the Scottish Chiropractic Association if you have concerns about or wish to make a complaint about the way we are processing your data. firstname.lastname@example.org
Automated Decision Making and Profiling
We do not use any system which uses automated decision making or profiling in respect of your personal data.
How We Obtained Your Data
Your personal data has been collected directly from you, via our new patient registration form and health information given to the chiropractor.